The first red made from grapes from our very own vineyard at 258 Angaston Road, Barossa Valley.
We loved the site at 258 Angaston Rd as soon as we saw it. A great location, plenty of vineyard space to work with, a few old sheds… and one of the oldest buildings in South Australia. The site, and its oldest building, dates all the way back to 1888 when it was purchased by Heinrich Hermann.
The on site Saint Andrew’s Vineyard was first planted with Mataro, but these days it’s mostly Shiraz (with a touch of Touriga that we’ve added in).
For the label, we sought inspiration from our early adopters in the new project. These names, 600 good and true, are the people who first staked a claim in the new project. Without their support, we wouldn’t be here today!